Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Visit to AA Hobbies in Warwick, RI

This post began as a draft back in mid-summer, and is just coming alive now.  So here goes...

As previously stated in other posts, I got married on June 10, 2016.  As most know, a honeymoon follows shortly thereafter, and my wife and I decided to not stray too far from her home state of New Hampshire, and enjoyed a lovely week across various parts of Rhode Island.  The honeymoon concluded somewhere back around Providence/Warwick area, which ironically is the area where we started our new lives together.  I was doing a late night junk food run the second night, and didn't realize it until after the fact, but I had driven right by AA Hobbies, located in Warwick.

Jumping ahead to the following Friday, as my wife and I had to stop by the hotel to pick up some stuff we absentmindedly forgot, I decided to check for hobby shops in the area, (since it was the end of our honeymoon).  It was then that I came across AA Hobbies.  Upon arriving, I realized just how familiar my surroundings were, and couldn't believe I'd driven right past it TWICE...albeit in the dark.

Nonetheless, I ended up taking a 30-45 minute look around inside.  With permission of course, I took some photos to show their massive inventory!                                                                                        

               
Athearn galore..
As can be seen, they have quite the selection!  And then I got the tour of the basement...the "overflow stock"...


Huge quantities for such a small, but thriving business!

If you ever get the opportunity to go, my fellow modellers, it is quite the place!  These photos truly do not do the store justice.  One thing is for sure, I will most definitely be visiting again, as it is only a short two hour drive from where my wife is from in southern New Hampshire.  Oh yes, the service is beyond friendly, and best of all, they really only carry HO scale :)

- Caleb

2 comments:

  1. This is going to add time to my runs home to PEI from OHIO....I go rght by on 95.....nice article!

    ReplyDelete