Saturday, March 25, 2017

GTW SD40-3: Part One

Well I figure its time for another blog post, as its been a couple weeks since the last one.  This will be the first official update on my SD40 project.  Before I get into it, I have to admit, not very much has been done since I acquired the unit at the Truro show last fall.

The SD40 has been bathing in alcohol since November at my parent's house, and to be honest, aside from a couple visits of taking a toothbrush to it, nothing else has been done.  However, in the past few days, with the help of other modellers, I have begun doing research on what detail parts I will need in order to turn the soon to be undecorated SD40 into a GTW SD40-3.

Below, I have included some photos of the unit before and after.  Aside from that, theres not much to say...

The former SD40 shell fully painted (not by me).
The majority of the paint stripped off of the SD40.
The next post regarding the SD40 will hopefully show the entirety of the paint stripped off of it, with some detail parts added.

- Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment